August 23 - September 22 Happy Birthday! Shift "ME" to the number one position in your order of priorities.
Talk about a cosmic birthday gift! Bountiful, expansive Jupiter is shining on you, all year long. He comes your way only once every 12 years, so think about how you’d like to clean up and improve your life (your home, your significant other, the world). And what do you do with that thinking? Why, make lists! You know you love them — heck, you live and breathe them!
Here are a few to get you started. Get out your favorite writing tool and check them off over the next year. It’s going to be one of your best yet!
Five Words and Phrases to Make The Most of This Year
- Draw a magic circle around yourself and say “No” when someone barges in. Add “And I really mean it” if necessary.
- When someone gives you a compliment, say “Thank you” – and nothing more.
- When something new comes your way, say “I’ll think about it.”
- If you’re still thinking about that something new a day or two later, say “Oh, why not. I’ll give it a try.”
- When offered a treat, say “Yes, please.” Say the same phrase to yourself when you spy something you like (in a window display, in a travel brochure, in a bakery, in your mind’s eye).
Five Hacks For Reinventing Yourself
- Change your hair style. Sleek, breezy, lower maintenance will get you to the gym quicker.
- Adopt a new title. Empress-in-Chief has a nice ring.
- Cull your wardrobe. Shirt dresses, Reeboks, scrunchies (God forbid!) are so 20th century. Now, what to do with that empty space….
- Shift “Me” to the number one position in your order of priorities.
- Move. Home, town, state, continent — your call. If you’re thinking BIG, time to go BIG!
Five Windows for Change (Windex Optional)
- September – February: Makeover madness! (See Five Hacks, above.)
- October: Dive into self-expression. (Now, now; we don’t mean telling people what to do.) Get to work on that masterpiece. Kid moved out? Claim that bedroom as your workspace.
- Thanksgiving – New Year’s: That funny smell at home? You’re not imagining it. Could be talking metaphor here, but something is calling for a reality check and addressing.
- March: New-and-improved you now needs a new-and-improved relationship. And how’s your masterpiece coming along? Might it benefit from new tools and/or technology? A shiny new tablet? You know that’s right.
- June: Investment in your creativity is paying off. Masterpiece finished? Time to send that baby out into the world.
The thing to remember is that this is time to commit to the life you love, and to make it so! The Force is with you. You’re the Force!